Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pear Day

Today we tried pear for the first time.  I thought this would be a sure favorite.  It was his first fruit and it was sweet.  Who wouldn't like that right?  My son, that's who.  So I was wrong.  Very, very wrong.  It started off okay.  Not great, but okay.


Jackson didn't seem to like it, but he didn't seem to dislike it either.  After another bite...


I could tell things were looking down.  But I decided to push through.  It only got worse...


And worse...


We took a little break, calmed down, and then tried again.  It didn't get much better but we were able to get through it.  I think he might have disliked it because of the texture.  The carrot and avocado were't as sweet but they had a much different texture.  At least he didn't gag.  We'll try something new tomorrow and give the pear a break for a while.  Maybe we will try it again later.  Maybe...

1 comment: