Thursday, May 9, 2013

Yellow Squash, Yam, Zucchini, and Banana

Last Wednesday, May 1, we tried yellow squash for the first time.  It started off alright.  I don't think he was too sure about it...


and it quickly turned bad.


He was not a fan.  We couldn't even get through the tablespoon I tried to feed him.  I do have to say that I think he was more tired than anything when I was trying to feed him.  We'll see what happens next time we try the squash.

The next day, on Thursday, we tried Yam for the first time.  On Thursday I was actually pretty sick with the flu or food poisoning (NOT fun) and so missed the the tasting of the yam, but fortunately  daddy was able to capture it all on film.  This was Jackson's response:



Apparently he really liked it!

This past Tuesday, May 7, we tried zucchini.  I wasn't sure he'd like this one because of the consistency, and he wasn't too sure either, but he actually did end up enjoying it.



Then, yesterday, we tried banana.  This was a hit!  I don't have a good picture of his first reaction but any picture of J is great!


So, with everything he's tried, Jackson likes carrot, avocado, yam, zucchini, and banana.  We tried pear a few more times and he seemed to like it a little better then.  Right now he's not a big fan of yellow squash but we'll see how he feels the next time we try it.


3 comments: