Monday, April 29, 2013

Baby Food!

At J's 6 month appointment the pediatrician suggested we start baby food.  Knowing I would need time to prepare, I decided we would start this past weekend.  So on Saturday Arnold, Jackson, and I took a trip to the grocery store and got all the makings for baby food.  We got a zucchini, yellow squash, carrot, avocado  pear, apple, and banana.  After we put Jackson to bed for the night I got out my Baby Bullet and got to baby food making!


After some steaming, blending, and storing, voila!  Baby food is ready!


On Sunday, for dinner, instead of rice cereal and milk, we decided to add some carrot.  I wasn't sure how he was going to take this.  His first food, a different texture, and his first time in the high chair.  It ended up going better than I expected!  J seemed to love it!  He at all of the tablespoon of carrot I offered him and hardly got it anywhere.  He actually did better with it than he does with the rice cereal.





Today we decided to try avocado.  I did not think J would like this because of all the baby food I made, I thought this one tasted the worst.  It isn't bad, just very bland.  Anyway, we gave it to him and...




Success!  He seemed to like the avocado just as much as the carrot.  He liked it so much he decided to lick the spoon when I was finished feeding him!


We'll see how tomorrow's new food goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment