Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sippy Cup Time!

At Jackson's 6 month check up the doctor suggested we introduce water and a sippy cup to J.  So, after a trip to Target and 3 different sippy cups, we gave it a go.  Things started off well, but things quickly went south. The first sippy cup we gave him was a Tommee Tippee.



Jackson took the cup and put it in his mouth.  He didn't make a face, which is unusual for him, and would take in some water, spit it out, take in more water, spit it out, and so on.  He wasn't really drinking the water but he didn't seem to dislike what was going on.  Thinking he might like a different sippy cup better, I introduced a mOmma.  I thought he would like this one the best because the spout is the most similar to a nipple.  Boy was I wrong.  Jackson took the cup, put it in his mouth, and gave me a look of disgust.



Fail.  Ok.  So I decided to try the third sippy cup I bought, another Tommee Tippee but very different.  He seemed almost enraged that I had even dared to think that he might like that sippy cup.


Jackson wouldn't even put it back in his mouth after using it once.  Oh well.  At least we found one that although he didn't seem excited about, he at least didn't scowl at.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Nuk sippy cups for starting out. They seem so soft on their gums and shaped well. They also have easy to grip handles. Anyway, trying out sippy cups is pretty frustrating. I wish you could test them out before purchasing because they are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete