Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekend at the Orso's

Last weekend my mom, Jackson, and I drove to St. Louis to see the Orsos and more importantly, attend Lydia's bridal shower.  This was the first weekend Jackson and I would be away from home and the first time away from daddy.  Since it was our first trip away, I wasn't sure how much stuff I would need.  This is what I ended up bringing:


Only one of those bags was mine.  I did end up packing way more than I needed, and didn't even take the bouncy seat out of the car.  Oh well.  Better too much than not enough.

We left Chicago on Saturday morning and arrived in St. Louis late afternoon.  Jackson did really well in the car, getting fussy only towards the end of the drive.  When we got to the Orso's we took a tour of their beautiful new house and then Angie and the kids came over and we caught up a bit.  We had a delicious dinner and ended up going to bed early.

Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for the shower!  Angie and Melanie hosted a beautiful shower at Angie's house.  The bride-to-be looked as beautiful as ever!  We played games, ate some great food, and got to see all the wonderful gifts Lydia received.  Towards the end of the shower, Lydia's fiance Tom dropped by to help with the gifts.  The shower was wonderful but the best part was how grateful and appreciative Lydia was that her sisters had thrown her a shower and that so many people came to celebrate her upcoming wedding.  She is so sweet!

Mom and Linda, mother of the bride.
The bride and I at the beginning of the shower.
Lydia and Tom receiving their wedding invitation framed.
The happy couple!
Mom, Lydia, and me.
Jackson with Grandma at the shower.
The cake!
Monday morning we had breakfast at the Orso's and then headed back to Chicago.  The weekend went by quickly and seemed too short, but it was great!  We can't wait to come back in April for the wedding!

2 comments:

  1. We LOVED seeing you!!! Meeting Jackson was such a treat!! He is such a beautiful baby!! And sooooo good!!! I just fell in love with him as soon as I saw him!! It was wonderful to visit and catch up with you and your mom, too. Looking forward to seeing you all again in April along with the rest of your family!!
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jackson too. Meeting him and seeing you was one of the highlights of my weekend!! You and your mom were such a big help. We honestly couldn't have pulled off that shower without you two!

    ReplyDelete