Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Day of Firsts

Today was a great family day and a day of firsts!  J and I woke up this morning and played for a bit while we let daddy sleep.  While we were playing, Jackson discovered his feet for the first time!  He was in my lap facing me and began looking at his feet intently.  Then he grabbed them and held on! Then of course we had to wake daddy up to show him.  I tried to get a picture but I was too late.  This was the best I could do.


After figuring out his feet, we went out to Ann Sather for breakfast.  Delicious.  It was Jackson's first time there but unfortunately he didn't have anything to eat.  After breakfast we took a short trip to Target, which was NOT a first, and then came home and hung out for a while.  We read a few books, took a nap, and played some more, this time without feet.


Later on we took a bath with a toy for the first time.  At first J didn't seem interested, but after a few minutes he held on to the toy.



After bath time we tried our very first food: rice cereal!


We decided to start J on food because he recently seemed to be interested in food when I eat.  So, I started feeding him the rice cereal but he didn't really seem to enjoy it at first.




Not only did it appear that he didn't like the way it tasted, but he also had no idea what to do when the spoon was in his mouth and what to do with his tongue when the cereal was in there.  It was a very messy situation.



Towards the end of the feeding (just the last bite), J seemed to get the hang of it.

After dinner we got ready for bed and quickly fell asleep.  It was a wonderful day full of fun new things!

3 comments:

  1. Firsts are the best and you are so smart to capture them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Ann Sather! I can't believe he is ready for rice already! Neither of my kids got the hang of it until we kept at it for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! He's getting so big so fast!

    ReplyDelete