Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jackson's Room

I thought I would document and share Jackson's baby room.  From just about the time I found out I was pregnant I was excited about creating a baby room.  My problem was I didn't know where to start.  After doing much research and finding photos of super cute nurseries online I still didn't know where to start.  So, after much procrastination auntie Carolyn very graciously decided to step in and help.  She helped me with ideas and gave me deadlines for getting stuff done.  I emailed her pictures of stuff I liked, we checked out paint colors at the hardware store, and went shopping.  There were countless trips to Vogue Fabrics and boutique baby stores.  Thank goodness for Carolyn because I'm not sure it would have gotten done otherwise.  After some hard work, creativity, and lots of auntie Carolyn direction, here it is:
The room when you first walk in.
A view from the back.
View from the crib.
Book shelves that daddy built and a little chair from great grandma's house.
Great grandpa's favorite chair, re-upholstered and looking brand new!
A Chicago painting me and daddy found when I was pregnant, a wedding photo, a picture of Willow, and three fun paintings daddy got me for Christmas a few years ago.  Although this wasn't his intention, I knew these would go in a baby room.  These are all hanging over J's dresser/changing table.
Baby J in my belly, weeks 7, 9, and 20.
More of baby J in my belly, weeks 23, 29, and 37.
A custom bookshelf.  We bought the book shelf and paneling, painted it turquoise, and used it for the back.
Cute shelf with J's Bears shoes and an adorable bath towel from auntie Carolyn and uncle Ben.
Dresser/Changing Table

Baby J's crib with an owl mobile I made.
Jackson's name sign given to him by aunties Carolyn, Beth and Sabrina after he was born.
A painting given to Jackson and me from daddy.
A custom closet that daddy installed with awesome pull-out toy drawers.
So that's it!  I love Jackson's room!  It makes me feel so happy every time I go in there!

6 comments:

  1. Stanley loves that baby Jackson has his favorite book... Green Eggs and Ham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Great ideas and room for him to grow. Loving all the special touches you guys put in there. This might have to be my inspiration for new things in my kids rooms...like those book shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The book shelves are one of my favorite things! They were super easy to make (according to Arnold). I've also seen people use spice racks or plastic rain gutters, but I personally don't think they look as cute.

      Delete
  3. This room is almost as cute as baby J...almost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I love Jackson's room!! What a lucky boy to have such talented and creative parents!!

    ReplyDelete