Monday, October 21, 2013

Toy Sale of the Year

Joan introduced me to this yearly used toy sale at a local school in La Grange.  The community comes together and sells all their used toys for incredibly low prices.  Things go fast so we got there early Saturday and waiting until the door opened at 8:00.  Joan arrive a bit before me and got us a good spot in line.  The doors opened and it was on!  Things go fast so you have to know what you're looking for, grab, and keep going.  I grabbed a bunch of stuff and then after walking around for a while, Joan and I sat down and took a good look at what we had to decide what we really wanted.  Here's what I ended up with:
 Board books for $1 each, wooden puzzles (some sound) for $2 to $2.50 each, plastic animals for $.05, wooden tool box and tools for $4, mallet and pegs for $4, and a large set of train tracks for $4.
 Wooden play kitchen for $12.  It is perfect!  Just like new!
 Wooden rocking horse for $3.
Brand new carpet for $2.

I spent a total of $45 for everything!  It was amazing!  I wish they had this sale more than once a year.  I now have Jack's Christmas shopping done (I'm sure I'll get more later) and toys for the future!

After the sale, Joan and I went for breakfast and ended up spending 3 hours at the restaurant eating and chatting.  It was a great day!  Great deals and great fun with a great friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment