Saturday, September 21, 2013

Crawling and Such

On August 27th, 3 days after Jackson turned 10 months, he started crawling!  
His motivator was a green Starbucks straw.  He had been trying for so long to get somewhere, rocking and moving back and forth from his knees to his bottom, and at 10 months and 3 days, he got it!  

It only took him a couple of weeks to get really good at crawling.  Now his is really fast.  He loves to crawl over to Willow's bowl and play in it, is fascinated by an open refrigerator, and of course wants to get into any cabinet I have open.  

About 2 weeks after he started crawling Jack began pulling himself up, and now that is his favorite thing to do.  He loves to pull himself up on the coffee table and my legs when I'm in the kitchen cooking.  My good friend Pam recommended a walker she had for her daughter that she loved.  We picked that up and Jackson loves it too!  He loves pushing the buttons on the front and now can pull himself up on it and take a few steps with it.  This video was taken a few days ago and you can see how much better his crawling has gotten in just a couple of weeks.  
Before I know it he's going to be up and running around the house.  I don't think I'm ready for that yet!

1 comment: