Sunday, June 9, 2013

Kiwi

Tonight Jackson tried kiwi for the first time.  Kiwi is generally tart so I wasn't confident that he would like it but I thought we'd try.  For the first 10 bites or so everything seemed to be alright.  Jackson didn't make any crazy faces and kept opening his mouth for more.  Then, something changed.  I don't know if it all became too much and was just to tart or what happened, but with every bite, Jackson's tolerance got shorter and shorter.  This is how it went:

Bite of kiwi.
Sour face and hands to mouth.
Rub hand on nose 
and mouth.
Open mouth for another bite.
Make a sour face. 
Hand to face.
Rub hand on nose and mouth.
Repeat.
This happened 5 times until Jack decided he was done with the whole thing.  The poor thing did a great job putting up with me feeding him kiwi.  We will try kiwi again another time but I have a feeling this might be the first food Jackson really doesn't like...at least for now.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't introduce kiwi until later on (because I always forget about that fruit!!) but BOTH my kids love it!!! It's so delicious yet ridiculous to eat with the skin and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Jackson might like kiwi better when it's not pureed. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete