Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Little Work Around the House

Yesterday, my mother-in-law so graciously did some laundry for me and while drying, a load started smelling like it was burning.  That's never good.  When I got home from work she showed me the clothes and they smelled like cigarette smoke/burnt popcorn.  Gross.  When Arnold got home from work I told him what had happened and he started asking me a bunch of questions, none of which I had answers to.  So, he decided he would find out for himself what the issue was.  It started with simply pulling the washer/dryer out last night and taking a peek.  A full day and two trips to the hardware store later, this is where we're at...




Arnold thinks it is just a build-up of lint, which is literally everywhere, and he needed to take everything apart to clean it out.  I was told it will be up and running by the end of the day.  I love my handy husband!

Meanwhile, baby J and I have been hanging out, playing, napping, crying (mostly J), and eating Dinkel's (mostly me).  Happy Saturday!




3 comments:

  1. As the wife of an engineer, I celebrate and sympathize! Ann A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of having a do-it-yourself husband! (Secretly he really likes doing that stuff.) Same thing happened to Erin and I and she actually took our dryer apart and cleaned it. I must admit I was a bit worried it would not run again but, awh-ha, dry clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Justin meant to say was he was worried because I did it, not him. HA!

    ReplyDelete