Saturday, November 2, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Jackson!

What??  Is he really one already?  I feel like we were just in the hospital with him after being born.
 I remember then thinking how far away his first birthday was and now it's here.  I can't believe it.  It has been such an incredible year!  On October 24, 2012 I become a mom and began experiencing a joy and love I could have never imagined.  It is so amazing.  I love waking up every day with my baby, and watching him play, learn, change, and grow.  I really try to enjoy and appreciate every moment with him.  I want to remember everything.

Jackson has grown so much over the past month!  He now weights 19 pounds, 15 ounces and is 29 3/4 inches long.  He's a big boy!  This is what Jackson is doing now:

  • He's crawling all over the place
  • Jack pulls himself up on things easily and holds on to walk around
  • He has started standing unassisted for a few seconds at a time
  • Jackson easily walks around using his walker and can walk when on of his hands is held
  • J is using the signs "more" and "all done" not only for food, but when he plays too
  • Jackson likes to kiss his toys and stuffed animals
  • Jackson gives us open mouth kisses when we ask for kisses
  • When we laugh Jackson starts laughing
  • Jack LOVES books!  He reads them by himself and will constantly hand us books to read to him
  • J loves any toy that plays music when he pushes buttons
  • Whenever we wash our hands, Jackson mimics us, washing his hands
  • Jackson understand and responds appropriately to "Turn the page.", "Can I have some?", "Can I have a kiss?" and "Come here"
  • J likes to feed us 
  • He likes throwing food and toys on the ground to watch them fall and listen to their sound
  • Jackson loves trying to climb into the refrigerator
  • Jack likes to open and close draws and doors
  • Jackson has begun throwing very short tantrums when something is taken away for him.  He starts crying, will throw his pacifier, and sometimes will pull off his socks and throw them.
  • When Jackson is already upset and we try to give him a toy he will take it and throw it
  • Jackson points to things he notices and has begun to follow where we point to
  • When he sleeps Jack constantly moves around from one end of the crib to the other, turn from his back to his side to his stomach
  • As soon as he is put in the bath, Jack pushes everything on the side of the tub off
  • J started waving and very infrequently says what sounds like "hi" 
  • Jack says "mama" and "dada" when he sees our pictures
  • Jackson will make two fists, put his arms up by his face, and say "arrrrrrr!" kinda like he's making muscles.  (I think he learned this from watching Arnold work on the furnace, laying on his back with his hands up by his face moaning and groaning while he works.  It's really funny.)
  • Jack LOVES looking at himself in the mirror and at pictures of himself
I love how much Jackson is doing now!  It is so much fun!  I love learning and seeing his little personality.  

On to the birthday day:

On Jackson's birthday, he decided to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to let us know that it was his birthday and that he was ready to party!  It's too bad mommy and daddy weren't ready to party yet.  After "laying" in bed with us for a few hours (laying = constantly sitting up, laying down, rolling up, and flailing about), I decided to get up with him.  We played for a little bit, ate our regular breakfast of oatmeal and yogurt, played a little more, and then took our first morning nap.  After nap time it was time to celebrate!  Jackson, Arnold, and I headed out to Wagner Farm to see some animals.  We ended up in Glenview around lunch time so we decided to try out Dickey's Barbecue Pit for lunch before hitting the farm.
It was pretty good.  Jackson seemed to enjoy it as well.  He has brisket, mac and cheese, and green beans.  He mostly just has brisket though.  Then he had his first ice cream cone and loved every bit of it!
After our bellies were full we stopped in a cute toy store, just to look, and then headed over to the farm.  It was a cold, windy day so we had to bundle up.
We walked around and saw the horses, chickens, and cows.  We were able to get close to the horses but Jack wasn't really comfortable with being so close.
After the farm, we headed back home and got ready for Jack's family birthday party.  We had dinner and opened presents.

Jack loved ripping the card envelope and wrapping paper.  For his birthday he got two books: Touch and Feel Happy Birthday and Birthday Monsters.  Next it was time for the cake!
It was quite the experience that elicited a range of emotions and thoughts:
This is fun!
Nope, I was wrong.  Not fun.  I can't get this stuff off!  Get it off!
Hmmm, mama and daddy seem to like it...
Maybe I'll play Peek-A-Boo.
What??  Are you laughing at me?
This is kinda funny.  But now I have a hunk of cake stuck on my hand...
Can someone help me get this off?
Maybe I'll just try eating it. 
That's pretty good!  And it's my birthday!
After birthday cake fun we took a much needed bath, read his new books, and then went to bed.  What a fun first birthday!  I love my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment